Ohio’s clean energy future depends on nuclear power. It provides:
Nuclear Power Helps Ohio’s Economy
- Ohio’s nuclear plants have an annual payroll of $80 million
- Nuclear plants in Ohio purchase more than $194 million annually in goods and services from 1,350 Ohio businesses
Nuclear Power Helps Ohio’s Neighborhoods and Schools
- Ohio’s nuclear plants contribute approximately $25 million annually in state and local taxes
- Local and state emergency services receive more than $3.4 million in grants annually from Ohio’s nuclear plants
Nuclear Power Helps Keep Ohio’s Air Clean
- Ohio’s nuclear plants avoid the emission of more than 9 million tons of carbon each year
- Nuclear plants in Ohio prevent the emission of thousands of tons of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide – pollutants that impact air quality
There’s a solution that protects Ohio’s nuclear power.
Bipartisan bills in the Ohio General Assembly – Senate Bill 128 & House Bill 381 – will help:
Join the Coalition for Ohio Clean Energy
Add your name to the growing list of individuals and organizations standing up for Ohio’s clean energy and asking the General Assembly to pass Senate Bill 128 and House Bill 381.
Tell your state legislator that you support Ohio’s Clean Energy Future
Ohio’s State Senators and State Representatives need to hear from everyone who supports clean energy and wants to protect Ohio’s nuclear energy.